Friday, April 11, 2008

free hugs

if you haven't heard of the "free hugs campaign", it's time you have. check out freehugscampaign.org and see why there are almost 900 videos on youtube promoting this campaign. here's quote from the website.

Free hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whos sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal.

As this symbol of human hope spread accross the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs campaign BANNED. What we then witness is the true spirit of humanity come together in what can only be described as awe inspiring.


1 comment:

garrett said...

Well I have to admit... at first he comes across as a little creepy. It's an inspiring reminder not to take life so seriously all the time though. I like to think I would hug him, but when he is alone holding the sign and everyone is ignoring him I'm not so sure. I don't like to think I would withhold hugs if someone asked for one. That's food for thought on my part.