Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Da bears

So I returned back to the cottage around 8pm or so from my kayak, and just before I get out of the boat I see this bear sitting in front of my door eating birdseed from the feeder that was knocked over. I definitely sat in the kayak for a few minutes strategically planning on my next move. It's funny, my first inclination was to go get my camera; so the plan revolved around somehow documenting this situation. Just as my dad pulled away on Sunday afternoon he said "Oh yeah, and some people have seen a bear in the area recently, so... watch out for it."
Out from the Kayak I crept slowly not to draw too much attention to my white body with my uber white bathing suit. As I passed the fire place I grabbed a piece of wood that would have made my cavemen ancestors proud; you know, you need to defend yourself right? Now, I wasn't planing on getting very close to this bear, but if he were to run at me I didn't want to just stand there and expect a bear hug. So I went along the shore and eventually got to the cottage where I grabbed my camera. Here's what happened after that:
I call this one, "should I swing, or should I go maul Chris?"

I guess he was practicing his mauling stills here...


I was just worried that momma bear was going to show up right behind me... I'm glad I just saw the baby.

1 comment:

garrett said...

*frown*

That bear looks too close for comfort.

nice shots though